Call to arrange an appointment
03 687 2680
Consultations are by appointment. Appointments are booked for ten minutes only.
Each person requiring to be seen by the doctor needs an individual appointment. This is to avoid long delays when one family member is booked in but one or two other family members expect a consultation at the same time. Two of our doctors have the same first name please be specific when booking an appointment.
If you have recently returned from overseas or been in contact with someone who has and you have flu like symptoms please advice the receptionist when you phone for an appointment so that an assessment can be made to see if it is appropriate for you to be waiting in the waiting room for your appointment.
While the medical centre is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm., the doctors do have different consulting times.
Some procedures take longer than the 10 minutes and need to be booked as such at the time of making the appointment. For example: Insurance medicals, minor surgery, post natal checks, smears, immunisations, travel clinics, and diabetic reviews with the nurse.
Dr Helliwell's patients can sign up at the office to access Health 365 for online bookings.
Should you be unable to keep an appointment please phone and cancel as early as possible to allow sufficient time to rebook the allocated time for another patient. We may charge a fee for missed or late appointments.
- We will always see our acutely unwell enrolled children on the day. Please phone first.
- While we work to appointments it is inevitable due to the nature of the business that something may crop up without our prior knowledge.
- We will advise you where possible if there is a delay for any reason.
- We also wish to advise that it is helpful to all patients if your consultation can be kept to no more than two issues per consultation.
- You can make an appointment by phoning the reception between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.